Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day Thirteen

I am two weeks through!!!

I have never been this good with exercising, ever! Ever! I can't believe I've made it so far. I am so proud of myself for doing this well.

Changes:

1. In my resolutions I said I wanted to work out to be more healthy, not just lose weight and be "pretty." Well, I step on the scale everyday and check myself out in the mirror everyday to see if there are any changes. I have said to myself that if I don't lose more weight by 3 weeks and notice a change, what's the point in working out!? It's so hard to keep yourself from getting into that mindset because I feel like as a person, you want to see results quickly! The results you get inside your body are not as visible, therefore not as important.

2. But the good news! I worked out today and didn't get as winded. I thought that maybe I wasn't pushing myself as hard as I usually do and that's when I realized that I am just getting stronger! Wow! So my goal for next week is to follow the lady on the video who is doing everything a level higher. It will kick my butt, but I think I am ready for it. So I guess I am getting a view into the inner changes going on in my body. I am very excited!

My hip and thigh are doing a lot better today. My hip hurt because of a lot of standing when I was working on my office (yes, I did that this week and my goal is to be done by tomorrow night, January 31st!). And my thigh felt better after a day. Today it even felt good doing squats. So weird!

MIND

We are going to get paint today! I am so excited. Jared's brother Dennis is going to paint for us. He doesn't have much work right now since he is construction, so he's helping us out and we're helping him out. We are going to paint the whole downstairs, staircase, and upstairs hall and bathroom this color:

The very bottom color. The one touching the granite and door.

I need to find a darker brown to paint Ryan's room. Also I am going to probably make my own curtains so I can get the colors to match his crib set. I am really hoping it doesn't cost an arm and a leg! I am not completely sure how I want to personalize it, but I want to paint it brown, then the closet sticks out and I will paint that the same green as the crib set. I am going to cut the back part of the skirt to make a valance and then get green fabric to match the closet and crib set for the curtains. I want to do a green stripe with circles or blocks in the middle of the wall and then that same pattern on the closet. Then I want to paint giraffes or dinosaurs and then of course the standard RYAN above his crib. I also got a cool idea about getting pictures and then doing some cool stuff in photoshop, so I'll probably do that as well.

I am definitely getting ahead of myself here! haha. First things first, I need to finish the entryway. As soon as we get painted, I'll be able to do that. I'm excited because the paint is that first step! Yay!

SOUL

I got called to be a primary teacher a few weeks ago. At first I hated it, but it will be fun. Teaching kids is kind of fun. Especially to see how excited they get when they answer right. The group of kids I have are all really good and participate well. Every other Sunday I still get to go to Relief Society and I am so glad about that! I need that spiritual nourishment so much!

I read one of my friends blogs about the keys to a good marriage. She wrote "I asked Brother Eaton about some patterns he set early on in his marriage that have blessed them. He mentioned a few things: Temple attendance as often as possible, even if it's not together, scripture study with the family, prayer and family home evening."

Guess how much of this we are doing? Yep, none of it. The only thing we do is pray at meals and church attendance. I have planned to go to the temple twice and we weren't able to go. I wanted to go today, but we are trying to get Ryan sleep trained, but guess how well that is going today! lol. We should have just gone. I really want to set it up so we can go once a month. I guess there is still time to go today. We'll see if we can find a babysitter! :)

I really want to start scripture study with Jared and then having family prayers and family home evening. I think we will start with the family home evening when Ryan turns one. I know that these things are really important so hopefully we can get started on them.

So many goals, so little time and room in my mind! But, goals are what make us happier and better people. As long as I am hitting my goals here and there and keeping on the track, I am satisfied.

I hope you all are doing well in your New Year's Resolutions! If you have any and want to talk about them, leave a comment. I will write you back here or on Facebook. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Shirely! Goals are so important and you are doing so well tracking them and moving forward, awesome awesome job!

    I can totally relate to you right now because i have recently set a ton of new goals. I want to be a goal setter for the rest of my life! You should really come to New Beginnings for Young Women (anyone is invited) It's on Feb. 24, but the theme is, "The Sky Is the Limit" and it's all about reaching your goals and becoming anything you want to be. I think you'd enjoy it.

    I'm excited about you guys painting! You still need to come over and see what we've done.

    What time does Ryan go to bed, maybe we could trade babysitting for temple night once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your paint choice!

    Setting and achieving new goals can be so challenging. I try to set new goals each month. I have a white board that I use for goal setting. I write my goals on the white board. I look at the white board often. I read the goals out loud and I remind myself how I am going to achieve them. What steps are needed, etc. I found that monthly goals work better for me then annual goals.

    Fitness goals are especially hard for me right now. First I think you can loose inches without loosing weight so I wouldn't worry too much there. I also do not think that being skinnier makes you more beautiful. Growing up I always thought that but I guess my perspective has changed. I think that WOMEN are beautiful not girls. Women have a shape and I think that is beautiful. I don't know if that makes any sense.

    Anyways, I could go on and on but I don't want to write a novel on your blog :D

    I think you are doing AMAZING! Keep at it and remember to celebrate and be proud of even small accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you!

    Julie Anne - He goes to bed around 7-730. But I was thinking about going earlier. I would love to trade babysitting so we can go. We have to drive all the way up to Salt Lake for a babysitter and it can get tiring!

    Tina - I totally agree about women being more beautiful than girls. I do love how I am right now so that's why I hate that sometimes I want to look like I did in high school! lol Never going to happen! Especially with all this extra skin! :)I would probably be happy to just go down one size and have my stomach be a bit flatter. Not to be more beautiful, but to be happier when I look in the mirror. Luckily i have a husband who thinks I look gorgeous no matter what! Can you imagine having one who thought otherwise? It would be awful!

    I am planning on doing a post every month to see where I am at on my year goals. So look to see one in a few days! :)

    ReplyDelete