Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day Six

Sorry I skipped a post for day 5! I was super busy yesterday so I didn't have time to blog.

BUT I did work out! Not only did I work out yesterday, but I worked out today!

I wasn't going to work out today, for the mere fact that it's the weekend and you shouldn't have to do anything on weekends that you do during the week. On Facebook, I asked about skipping Sundays and got feedback about 6 days a week is awesome and perfect at first. I knew that it's what I wanted to do, but quickly changed my mind as today, Saturday, was on us.

Since this was the mind frame I was in, what do you suppose got me to work out? It's way weird. I was putting Ryan down for a nap and he was not being compliant! I laid down with him on our bed to see if that would work. I got SO tired and wanted to take a nap myself, instead of cleaning, which is what I was going to do instead of work out. Then I realized that I will feel much better and more awake if I worked out for 30 minutes instead of taking a 30-minute nap. So I let Jared take care of Ryan and I worked out! Who would've thought?

I am pretty proud I have made it to day 6. It's crazy, because I am doing the same video and starting to feel my muscles working, like my abs. I am supposed to have my abs pulled in the whole time and at first I couldn't really feel it making one bit of difference in the exercises. Now I can do the exercise and feel my muscles pulling in and be able to focus on them. It's really cool.

Today's workout was exhausting. It's funny how I can do the same one and yet feel more tired than yesterday. But, I feel good, still a bit tired, but I do have energy to get me through this day, maybe some cleaning, we'll see about that!

2 comments:

  1. Good job Shirley! What video are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing Lindsay Brinn's Shed 5 Fast! She is a former NFL cheerleader. I like the work out, it's intense but not too much at once. If I can handle it, anyone can! :)

    ReplyDelete