Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Want To Be Crafty!

OK, I know it's WAY late! I have the flu, (I think it's just the regular one!) and slept a ton today. So naturally I am loving my time to be awake without having to take care of Ryan's every need. I read my friend, Jill's, blog where she made a crafty cover for her daughter's car seat. She works full time, has two girls, is/was the primary president, so where did she get her time to make that? It looked WAY good, too!

I just wonder if I can be doing things like this or for myself while Ryan is awake. I don't have to be doing something to help him grow at every time of the day. Right? I don't know. I feel like I should only reserve "me" time for naps, and let's face it, when I need a nap, there isn't much time!

I think when Jared gets paid on the 1st, I am going out and buying the stuff to make my own car seat cover thingy. I am going to get it done no matter what. (In addition to the million scrapbook pages I need to make!)

How do you guys get "me" time in? I just feel so guilty. I feel like the time I do spend with him isn't even that good, so how do I shorten it and still feel happy about the mother I am. Please any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks!!!

3 comments:

  1. I AGREE!!! I want to be able to do cute scrapbooks and stuff so bad, but my brin totally does not work in that way! I love to sew and I just got my machine working, I made Cambree's halloween costume and I want to make a bunch of stuff for the baby when he is born, but I am not getting to any of it! I feel like right when I get one thing done, there is another thing I have to do! Plus I am with you, I need to be spending time with Cambree and helping her learn, but its all so hard to balance all the time! There isn't enough time in the day. Cambree does not nap anymore either! As of right now, what I do, is I involve Cambree in whatever I am doing and sing songs with her, like abc's and stuff, but she is older then Ryan, so that works okay for us, well for the most part at least

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its totally fine to do you things when the baby is awake, depends on what your baby will let you do. Corgan doesnt care if I read, or do dishes, or sew while he is playing. He freaks out if I get on the computer though! Haha so I save computers for when he is asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are a great mommy. I also think that if you keep feeling guilty for taking care of yourself (your wants are a part of that) you're going to burn out and not be such a good mommy anymore.
    It's hard to be all you can be for someone else when you are depleted because you didn't take care of you.
    When you get on an airplane, they tell you that if the plane has trouble oxygen masks will fall down from the cieling. If you have a child with you, you are instructed to first place your mask on YOURSELF. This is because you aint much good for baby when you're dead.
    That simple councel applies to the rest of your life too.
    First take care of you so you are fit to take care of the kids next. Moms just don't do that. We train ourselves and eachother not too. We put eachother and ourselves down if we don't perform just so at all times.
    "A good Mom puts her children before herself!" Well, yes that's true sometimes. Like if a train is coming and your baby is going to get hit by that train. What mother wouldn't sacrifice herself to get her child out of the way if she can?
    Unless its a situation like that, the scenario should go the other way around most of the time. That's the reality. Most women don't follow that, and most Mommies suffer for it and become less and less wonderful as the years roll by.
    It doesn't have to be that way. Also, when you do what you love to do, not only are you happier and healthier- you are giving your children permission to do the same when they grow up. Ryan will expect his wife to have hobbies and interests that don't always include their children. His family will be happier because of that.
    Like you said in another post, its all about priorities. You don't have to be supermom, you can let some things go by the wayside every now and again. Your every waking moment does not have to or need to be all about Ryan. It shouldn't be. He needs to see that you are a separate person from himself and that you have needs and wants that don't have to be about him. :)
    Sorry this was a long comment. This post just rang a chord in my life is all. :)

    ReplyDelete