Sunday, October 11, 2009

Changes

I guess it's pretty obvious that fitness has taken a back seat in my life. Right now my excuse is I am waiting until we move so I can feel more scheduled. But when we move, we won't have a treadmill in our home, so I am sure more excuses will come.

One thing that has been really inhibiting me is the amount of sleep I get. It's like you go go go all day long with the kid that when he goes down to bed, you just want you time. Going to bed is the end of you time and the beginning of go go go all day long. I seriously get like 4-5 hours of sleep a night. I have ALWAYS needed at least 8 hours. Why am I doing this to myself?

So my schedule is usually like this: Wake up at 6ish am, yes when it's still dark outside and Jared is still in bed and the rest of the house is quiet, feed Ryan and hope hope hope he falls back asleep for at least another hour. Some times I get this, lately I don't. Then I get up with him, let him play while I eat breakfast and be a zombie since I only had 4 hours of sleep. Once he's tired we both take a nap for about 1 1/2-2 hours. Then we get up, play, eat solids, get dressed, play some more. Then he goes down for a nap and I get my 2 hours of me time. I try to shower during this time, but let's be honest, I'd rather not. I may stink, but it takes so much time to shower and who do I have to be beautiful for? lol. I also am working for my sister-in-law and during this time I have to work for about a half hour. I am also addicted to social networking sites such as facebook, reading babycenter.com, and reading other people's blogs. So I must do a little of that. Then Ryan wakes up and we usually do something outside like errands, I get home and then make dinner, he goes down for a short nap, Jared gets home, we spend time as a family, get Ryan ready for bed around 8:30 pm he goes down, and then I have to work about 2 hours. So did you get that? I have about 2 hours of my day that I get to spend some time on me. So after I do my two hours of work, I usually end around 10:30-11 pm, I have to do some more me time. Some times this me time goes well until 2:30 in the morning. Then I go to bed and just lay there listening to Jared snore for about 45 minutes. My favorite part is when Ryan wakes up and I get to do the whole thing over again.

I DON'T want this to be my life. There are so many things that I want to do. Exercising is one of them! I also have so many projects I want to start for my new place, but "I don't have time." What a load of crock, huh? I want to start reading and studying scriptures. I used to do it all the time and I felt so uplifted. I want to be a better daughter of God, serving others and being a good wife and mother to my family. I want to volunteer and give of my time (that I apparently don't have). I can't do all these things unless I get some things straight in my life.

I have lots of friends and family who are into healthy living and fitness. I read their blogs every time they post and they have helped me a lot. I haven't started, but it gets me thinking. My friend Ashley has a dieting blog and one of her posts was about working out with baby and doing it is for them as well as for you. Another friend, Lauren, recently started working out almost everyday and schedules her day around her work out. My cousin who has a fitness blog called Fit Me Pink, Robyn, does the same thing. My cousin Lyenna also has a blog where she talks about her fitness endeavors and it helps me a lot. My friend Emily loves to run and writes about her marathons, yes marathons!, on her blog. These women all have children and the same responsibilities I have, and probably even more. I have got to stop being so lazy and start living my life.

Robyn does a lot of running and talks about her experiences on her blog. Just recently she did the Ragnar Relay in Las Vegas. She hasn't written about it yet, but I can't wait to see what she writes. She is so inspiring. I realized that if I want to make running be a habit, I need to set more goals than just weight goals or time goals. I need to have a goal on my calendar. I need to sign myself up for a race. This scares me to death. But I will probably get Jared to do it with me, since he wants to get more fit, too. I don't even know where to find out about races or how to train for one, but I am sure I can find out through comments or the World Wide Web. (I love these quick answers at our fingertips at home!) Once I sign up, I can't back out. This will help me do it. I am also competitive so hopefully this will make me work harder so I don't come in last place! :)

Anyway, I have a goal in mind, and I want to thank all of my cousins and friends for inspiring me to be a better me. I know I have it in me and the reminders everyday or here and there really do make a difference. You are all amazing and hopefully one day I can do the same for others.

2 comments:

  1. I have a lot of goal that I always make excuses for too. Life is a balancing act for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley! Let me know when you sign up for a race...maybe I'll join you! You can find out about them at www.active.com, or just do a search for races in Utah. You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete