Thursday, October 15, 2009

Substitutions

Today my goal was to not take a nap so I could get everything I needed to do done. Well when nap time came around, I longed to lay in bed with Ryan and sleep. I love sleeping with my little baby. I kept going back and forth whether I should do what I am supposed to or follow my longing for a nap with my bubs. You wanna know what I did? I compromised.

In my compromise, I substituted running on a treadmill for taking Ryan for a walk. We have a HUGE travel system stroller, which is pretty heavy, and I figured that could be my exercise. Power walking burns more calories than running, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I did double our normal walk, took the dog, walked as fast as I could and walked the hills in stride. I was definitely panting in some parts and got home sweating. Ryan had a blast being outside, so two birds, one stone. My compromise worked!

Taking a nap also meant I didn't get my scripture studying in. To fix this I substituted reading the mail to Ryan with reading my scriptures to Ryan. It sounded really funny saying it out loud and reading TO Ryan. I felt like I was screaming Repentance to him. I had to stop and tell him that it wasn't directly to him because little babies are perfect in every way. I know that he can't understand it, but reading is good for your baby no matter what it is. It will be hilarious if he starts talking scripture language. He will be like Stewie from Family Guy. Scary!

I just love to read at least one chapter because it gives me reminders of how I want to be. I want to be a good person. The end of Moroni practically screams Charity! Charity! Charity! As of right now, I don't think I can make it to the Celestial Kingdom. For the past three years, my heart hasn't been in the right place when it comes to service and charity. I want to be kinder and more friendly. I am extremely shy and meeting people (new or acquaintances) scares the crap out of me! Visiting Teaching scares me. The thought of calling up someone I don't know to set up an appointment or be partnered with to set up appointments scares me so bad. I have always wanted a partner who was very active in calling people themselves and would let me only do it once or twice. This never happened and what resulted was a lot of women never being visit taught. I know I missed out on a lot of great friends. Hopefully this studying and trying to be more like Christ will help me step out of my bubble of comfortability and not only enrich my life, but others as well.

I still haven't gotten around to scrapbooking. I am going to do it tomorrow though. I WANT/NEED to do it tomorrow. I'll even post what I make. This way I am accountable. :)

Today was great, because my day didn't go as planned. It was okay, because I changed things around to do what I wanted and still be successful. Thinking ahead makes a big difference. I am sure that is what I will have to do to get some FUN scrapbooking in!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I can just imagine you reading to Ryan - preaching repentance to him! haha :)

    ReplyDelete