Monday, October 12, 2009

Wanted To Throw Up

Today was a great day! I went to bed early and after Ryan woke up, he ate/slept for an hour and a half, which I LOVE. Since I got such great sleep, I didn't take a nap. During Ryan's first nap, I read my scriptures AND did some running AND took a shower. :D I did this all before 11 am! I also wrote a letter to my niece Kaysi and tidied up our bedroom. I even made dinner as well! A friend of mine stopped by and we chatted for an hour. I got so much done today and it was great!

So why the title to the post? Well I ran. I put in my max speed of 5 mph. I did the fat burning mode where it makes you walk and every two minutes it goes up a speed. I ran for two minutes at 5 mph. After it was over and went down to 4.5 mph, I hopped off to get a drink of water. That is when the fun sensation hit. I couldn't run any more. Did this happen because I didn't cool down and just hopped off? I don't remember this happening when I started running back in May. I think tomorrow I will make my max speed 4.5 mph. Hopefully, tomorrow I will also wake up with sore legs. Even though I quit, I still ran for 11 minutes. That's pretty good in my book!

Reading scriptures was nice. I decided that I haven't read D&C since 9th grade, so I'd start there. Before I went to it though, I wanted to read Moroni. I have such a respect for Mormon and Moroni. I can't imagine living the way they did and having such strong faith. These men knew that this life is just a small moment compared to eternity. I want to remember that often. When I'm thinking about how I need all these worldly things and I wish we just had more money, I have to sit back and realize these are just things. They will not help me get to the celestial kingdom or bring me closer to Christ. There are so many good people in the world and the church. They see things in an eternal perspective and don't waver. I am so thankful for their examples. I need to focus on how my marriage is and rearing my child the right way. Anyway, I am just amazed at Mormon and Moroni's strength and love for us. It definitely builds me up to read their words.

I don't know if I'll be posting everyday, but I was excited that I actually met my goal today. It was fun and I'm happy that I did it. I also got my facebooking and blogging in! So somehow I made time. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Nausia. It may be because you didn't cool down. It could also mean that you did too much too soon. Next time cool down and you'll know for sure.
    Another thing that sometimes nausiates me is what I ate before working out or if I worked out too soon after eating in general.
    Milk'l get ya. Anything heavy will make your stomach upset if you don't wait at least an hour.
    Light stuff is great even seconds before a workout. Fruit and nuts and stuff is what I mean. Just don't eat too much of it. :)

    ReplyDelete