Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Priorities

What are your priorities?

I think that it would be best if I write them down and refer to them everyday. Let's face it, as a mom, I am not going to get everything done everyday. Monday was a complete fluke, right? So if something doesn't go a certain way, what things do I need to let go?

This is really hard for me, because I see so much that HAS to be done everyday. I need to start being honest with myself and a priority list will help me do this.

Today, the baby woke up 45 minutes into his nap. He was pretty restless so I laid down with him to help him fall asleep. It took about 15 minutes, I think; I am not completely sure, because I fell asleep too! When I take these naps, this totally kills the full completion of my "things to do" list. I was trying to see how much I could fit into his next nap. I need to be honest with myself or else things that aren't that important (Facebook and vacuuming) will get done and my fitness will slide. That is exactly what happened today. Although, I am glad I vacuumed because the little stinker is almost crawling and he needs to be able to be on the ground exploring.

I decided I would get my priorities list together for WHEN, not IF, this happens again.

1. Ryan. He will always come first. If I can incorporate my responsibilities with fun time then great!

2. Eat. As a nursing mama, it's very important that I eat a good meal and take the time to make one.

3. Shower. If I need one, and I did today, I need to take one.

4. Work. I need to be a good employee by having my work done before 4 pm.

5. Study scriptures. This only will take 15 minutes. Forget facebook or blogging if this needs to be done.

6. Physical fitness. If needs be, use Ryan as a weight.

7. Clean. Only one thing a day. If something needs to be done that day, the others can wait until tomorrow or later in the week. (Cat litter is something that usually should come first!) and this can be interchanged with #6 if there is no more underwear left!

8. Scrapbooking. Do not get on facebook or blogging unless this has been done. I need to be caught up before Ryan's 1st birthday!

When I read this, it doesn't actually look that bad or that hard. Hopefully, I don't fall asleep again with the baby. It's so much fun cuddling with him. Maybe I'll let myself do that once a week. :)

There are some things that you don't do on a daily basis that have to get done. I'd like to have those things (bills, mail, etc.) done before the baby wakes up from his first nap. Along with exercise and a shower. If I don't get the exercise done, I can read scriptures and do Wii Active with the baby when he is awake. That pushes my shower until later too, but that's okay as long as I get it done.

If you have any suggestions, or have a different list of priorities you follow, I'd love to hear them. I'm new in all this so the suggestions and reminders are wonderful! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds to me like you have it all pretty well handled. I like your list, though like you said seems to always look easier than it is to keep it up. So because of this I suggest 2 things. #1~ Figure out a reward system for yourself (NOT FOOD RELATED~ because this will kill any chances to keep slim or lose any weight....I know you know what i mean...LOL) Maybe a movie night..rent a movie or find a sitter and you and Jared go out. I don't know that one is up to you, but you get the idea. #2~ Sign up on WWW.TEAMBEACHBODY.COM (free membership) so all you have to do is log on, schedule a work out and if you add your friends to your profile you can ask us/me to work out with you. This way we can work out at the same time, and you don't have to buy their product, you can enter in Wii Active, where it tells you. The Best part, I think, is that after each workout you get to enter into a sweepstake for Money and Prizes. I mean how cool is that, all you have to do is workout and you can win cool prizes too??? AWESOME! So let me know if you want to join I'd love to work out with you everyday from a thousand miles away. it's also a great way to be accountable....making you more likely not to skip because someone is going to be waiting for you. (smile)
    My ID name is Jetlamindz
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete