Friday, April 9, 2010

Mushbelly

After my last post, I just wanted to clarify something else I have learned.

Something I have learned from Lindsay's DVD's is that you need to be flexing your core at all times. This was VERY difficult to do at first. It probably took me a good 4 weeks before I could even pretend to do it all the time. I am getting better and better at it, but still have a hard time doing it when I am sitting down.

I am posting some pictures of me not flexing and what it looks like when I do a sit up and when I am sitting down. It is not pretty, but it's me. So as awesome as my last post was with my pictures, this is what it is like most of the time. Because honestly, flexing that hard ALL the time would kill me.

So this post is for those of you who might say, "oh I could never look like that!" Because you can! It's not just losing the weight, but training your body to hold it self better, and getting some amazing Spanx (or the Target knock off brand, which I will be purchasing for my birthday! What mushbelly???:)

Laying down about to do a sit up - my view. Lovely isn't it?

So jiggly. I took all these pics myself, so sorry
you can't see the whole body.

Doing the sit up. It actually looks much more gross when I am
not concentrating on taking a picture and doing a good sit up.

This is me not flexing. I am not letting it out completely
(like in my first picture from May 09).
Since I have been working out,
it actually feels weird to let it out completely.
Another awesome side effect!

Me flexing a bit so you can get an idea of how much changes.

My favorite picture! Me sitting down!!
I am even trying to flex here,
but it's so hard with the extra skin. There is so much skin,
my body can't pull it in enough,
especially not enough to look good,
so I don't bother for the most part.

I wanted to post these pictures so you readers don't get discouraged. When I see pictures of people losing weight, sometimes it inspires me and other times it makes me depressed, like why can't I do it. It's just a self control thing. You can do it. You just have to decide to do it yourself.

Now as you are taking your journey, it might not be pretty, as you can see above, but I have so many other things going good, that I just keep trucking. Pretty soon, I'll learn how to flex all the time and won't need my Spanx, okay, let's make that a maybe. :) Make sure you do the same! Because we can ALL do it!

3 comments:

  1. This is completely not intended to sound rude, because you are doing so amazing, but wow that baby just did a number on that skin, didn't he? I don't see fatness, just skin. What a lovely sacrifice we moms make, don't we? Luckily, I can tell you with my experience with being superfat and then getting less fat (and then superfat again) that the stretch marks fade to white, and new ones probably won't be formed on baby 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thank you for your honesty! I can't wait for them to fade to white. Especially the ones on my legs (all the way down to my knees). I am hoping since I am starting out smaller that baby #2 won't make me as big. I was a whale.. what a sacrifice, is right! But I'd do it over a million times. Babies are the cutest! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, as far as bodies go, being a mom stinks. You are rocking it, though. One thing that, in the past, has really helped me with the constant flexing of the abs was doing pilates regularly. It just becomes natural. Good times!

    ReplyDelete