Friday, November 6, 2009

Failure?

I know nothing about sewing. Nothing! I might as well go and put my head in the sand, because this is embarrassing. I have spent more time undoing things than actually getting something done. Ah!!! Since I am making a double sided cover, it is much more difficult to do. It would be SO easy to do just one side.

1st mistake: Sew all the sides together. I started sewing a 1/2 inch inside for the elastic when I realized that would look funny. Then I realized there was no way for me to get it right side out.

2nd mistake: I am trying to figure out what I want to do with the middle (so the feet can stick out in the cart) and realized that I put the ribbon (to tie on the car seat so it stays as a blanket) on wrong. When I turn the cover right side out the ribbon will still be inside. More unstitching! So frustrating. (Edited to add: I can just cut the ribbon! It's on the inside so who cares! See why I shouldn't be doing this... haha!)

Maybe I am not cut out to be a crafty person. Seriously, my mind is having a hard time wrapping around what steps I should take. Oh well. Still better than spending 40 bucks on a new one, right? RIGHT? I hope so... we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Stick to it! Sewing is so much fun! You will get the hang of it! I love to sew I have been sewing for well over 10 years now, and trust me unpicking is part of the fun :) I still unpick a lot of things! Don't let it get you down! Sorry I have not comment much on this blog, everytime I try it freezes up, but I do always check it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny. I know what you mean. I went and got a pattern to make a dress for Megan a few years ago. I just thought I'd figure it out as I went... yeah, they don't speak english on those things at all! Anyway, I messed it up pretty good. Didn't even see the point in finishing.
    It was a very fruterating experience. The stuff I make up on my own may not look as cool as something done with a pattern, but I do a better job making stuff up than following a pattern.
    I want to learn how to sew. I'm going to take classes as soon as I can.
    I know how you feel. sigh

    ReplyDelete