Monday, July 18, 2011

FHE

We had family home evening tonight!

For the first time!

I found a website dedicated to 52 lessons for FHE for the whole year. The lessons have everything included in them so it was really easy to print and look over and do the lesson.

We sang I am a child of god, which is one of Ryan's favorite songs. Then we talked about how we are children of heavenly father and that heaven is far away. We talked about how heavenly father gave us all talents and stuff that we like and these things make us different and special. And that heavenly father gave us all of this because he loves us. Then Ryan drew himself... it was stinkin' cute!.. and glued activities he likes onto the paper. He loved this!

We also had family prayers tonight.

It was so nice. Even though the message was simple and Ryan was being a little grumpy, I totally felt the spirit. I felt my heart swell when I bore my testimony about how Heavenly Father loves us to Ryan.

Oh and an update about Facebook. I really do need it to keep in contact with people so what I did was go through and hide a lot of my friends. I hid the ones that I never comment on their stuff or they never comment on mine. I kept all of my friends in my neighborhood and ward and family members. And of course I kept my close friends that I never see, but talk to almost daily though Facebook. It has decreased the amount of time I spend on Facebook SO much! And I love it.

Since I am not on Facebook, today I cleaned the living room, swept the kitchen floor, vacuumed the living room, did some laundry, packed some 0-3 months clothes and put away the 3-6 months clothes, did all the mommy stuff and worked a ton today during ryan's nap. It was just nice to get some things done, especially the cleaning.

Church was interesting. I actually got more out of sacrament meeting than any other meeting. Usually I don't hear a word in sacrament because of Ryan and I find my uplifting messages in the other meetings.

I think Faith was the main thing I got from Sunday. Faith is something that I definitely need to work on. I don't rely on the Lord nearly as much as maybe I should. I am more of a think about it and then do what's best. If something is out of my hands, I accept the consequence, but ask the Lord for assistance being fully prepared for none to come. Is that being negative? I feel like if I "practice faith", I am just putting myself in a position to be let down or to be disappointed. For me, maybe, faith is just doing the best with what you're given? The story the speaker gave was about a pioneer woman who had a very hard life, but she endured and had faith in all things. In relief society, the lesson was about our different levels of willingness. One is to do things because you don't want the consequence, second is to do things because you want the reward, and third is to do things because you love Heavenly Father.

I didn't think this at the time, but I wonder if you can do all of them. Obviously, if you do something because you love Heavenly Father, you want the reward as well and you don't want the consequence. Maybe I missed the point of the lesson. The teacher asked us where we stand. And I stand in all three places a lot of the time. Say with tithing... that is my main vice right now. I do it because I don't want to burn in hell. You know it's "fire insurance." I also do it because I know that blessing come from paying your tithing. The one I am working on right now is accepting that everything we have isn't ours. It was given to us by Heavenly Father and all he asks is to give 10% back. I'd rather just give it to him because I love him and want to obey his commandments, not because the thought that it is all his.

We have been fortunate lately and I know it is because we paid our tithing. It is really hard for me, but I do it. I know we will be blessed and I also want to be obedient.

Sorry I am totally rambling, but it's after 1 am and I'm trying not to think much before I type. I really should be in bed right now! :) I guess this post has gotten a lot longer than I planned.

The main point I guess is that we are trying really hard to be better and I love that I can see it working. I will write more on it maybe tomorrow. It's a great feeling. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! Oh, please share your website. I like to cheat. ;)

    ReplyDelete