Monday, May 25, 2009

New Day 1

I am just going to make mondays my new day 1 since it is the beginning of the week and much easier to remember. With everything else going on, I am sure one less thing to remember will help!

Today was great! I planned on working out, but I couldn't find any batteries that would work in the Wii controllers. So I was way bummed that I couldn't work out. My mom has a treadmill in a back room and I didn't know what stuff it had on it. My brother suggested I just do some running outside, but I hate running outside and immediately thought of this treadmill. It has a bunch of settings, and I did the first one which is weight loss 1. It was gradually getting faster and then once you hit the middle of the time it gradually goes down. So I ran/walked for 20 minutes today and burned close to 100 calories!

Can I just say that right after having a baby, running without peeing my pants is almost impossible! Does any one else have this problem? I really, really, really should've practiced my kegels. I am definitely practicing as I am running. :)

I did well on food too. We had turkey hot dogs today and baked lays. I also drank diet root beer instead of the lemonade just for the calorie sake. Lots of fruits and veggies and only three small mini pumpkin cookies for a treat. I am sore, but very proud of myself. Tomorrow, I plan on running and then choosing my own work outs on the Active. I don't like running in place so I will just choose work outs that give me a little aerobic, but mostly help with toning. I am not sure if it has anything for abs either. If it doesn't, then I need to start doing some sit ups as well. Fun stuff! :)

I really think this blog is helping me continue. I've really changed my eating habits and have a lot of confidence that I can do this. I can be fit by September! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you that you worked out anyway. You can always find something you can do if what you plan doesn't work out. Always have a plan B. If you need any ideas for abs or arms or legs or whatever, let me know. Also, Robyn and Kimberly have a fitness blog. Sometimes they will post some exercise moves that you can do at home. You can always post a comment asking them to show you something too. Their blog is fitmepink.blogspot.com :)
    I think they both either majored or minored in fitness instruction, so they have ideas anyway.

    Never say or allow yourself to think anything negative about yourself, (even when you eat something bad or miss a workout.) Don't use scales and measuring devices because they can NOT account for all things (ie: water retention, muscle weighs more than fat and will push fat forward.) Measurements and weighing will only bring you down, especially in the beginning. It can really suck when measurments go up a bit after you worked so hard to get them down. Those kinds of fluctuations happen to everybody.
    Instead, focus on how you feel, you're proud of yourself huh? Darn right! How does your body feel? Pretty good huh? You bet! These changes happen fast and keep getting better. Its a good reward system.
    Also, compliment yourself often, you deserve it. Motivate, compliment, and encourage others. Keep setting small goals, then reach them. Feels so good. These are the things that will keep you going well past today on into forever.
    K- I'm done with my little soap box speach.
    Keep up the good work Shirley! :)

    ReplyDelete