Friday, February 19, 2010

Mom Jeans

I don't think that I wear mom jeans. I just wear jeans that don't flatter my body. Why would I do this? Well I don't spend money on clothes AND I have a weird body. It's funny how most of us have weird bodies. I'm not saying that any of YOU do, but well, let's be honest, who LOVES shopping for jeans? If you do, can you come with me, pretty please??

Would you like to see some examples of my awfulness?!

Exhibit 1: Saggy butt, too long legs, low waisted miserableness. These are the jeans I pretty much wear ALL the time. WHY? I really don't know... they are even too big for me.

Exhibit 2: I bought these jeans back in Septemberish when I was sick of wearing only one pair of jeans (does anyone else do this?) I don't know what I was thinking. They are too short (trying to make up for the too long ones up top), and I think hug my knees too much creating a little person look. They also are low waisted, meaning the pockets are super low and if not for my awesome temple garments, my crack would be hanging out (TMI?)

HELP!

Oh I seriously need it. I am willing to spend $50-$80(if they are PERFECT!) on some everyday jeans that I can dress up. I've emailed Jae from How To Not Dress Like A Mom, so hopefully I have some coming my way.

What I need to know is:

1. Where do I go?
2. What shape should I go for?
3. How long should the pants be to look good with flats and a little heel? (How much touching the floor?)

I really want to start looking good. I have a lot of things to overcome with shopping. I think things look cute, but I COULD NEVER WEAR IT! How lame is that? I am limiting myself, and I am not sure if I can get out of it, but I think if I have some jeans that make ME look hot, I might have some hope.

Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. This is my first time reading your fitness blog and I love! It's real life stuff and you get me motivated. I have the same problem with jeans too, but I haven't done anything about it yet. After I read this post I remember watching an Oprah show about finding the right jean for under $100. Here's the link for it: http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/Find-Jeans-That-Fit-Your-Butt#slide
    They show the before and after and the problem that each girl had. But the one that stuck out in my mind was the Riders by Lee jeans for $20! Oprah was raving about them and the style expert they had thought they were so awesome. I haven't personally tried them yet, and I have no idea if they will fit your body, but it's worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post!

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE gap jeans for me... especially the long and lean ones. When they are not on sale they are like $57. Right now I have crappy mom jeans too, though, because I refuse to buy nice jeans that fit me at the weight I am currently. I think the most flattering jeans are straight leg styles. Jeans that are tighter on your thighs and knees and looser on your calfs are sure to make anyone look a bit funky. I have the same problem with hiegth... If I buy regular length jeans they are too long and if I buy short length or petite jeans they are a bit too short. I one time bought jeans from Banana Republic and then had them tailored to fit my height. It cost like ten bucks to do, but it was SO worth it.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, I posted the wrong thing (although you may still find it helpful). This was the show I saw: http://www.oprah.com/style/Adams-Jean-ius-Picks#slide
    They mentioned four jeans: Lee Trouser Cut, Boot Cut, and Straight Leg ($42); and Oprah's new favorite jean line, CJ, by Cookie Johnson (they are supposed to fix the butt crack problem). They come in different cuts, styles, and washes, but I'm not sure of the price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!

    Jefra - I will take a look at that link in a second. I have tried on those type of jeans before and they were really narrow in the waist, just kind of weird. I tried them on at ShopKo. I can't wait to read that article though!

    Anna - I LOVE the jeans at GAP. I tried the long and lean yesterday and I was in love, but I wasn't sure if I was in love for the right reasons. They felt good, were high, but were too long and were flares, which I am not sure about. I know that you should wear straight, but they are so hard to find. GAP did have some, but they didn't have different lengths so I didn't try them on. I might just try them and then get them hemmed if I like them. I will try Banana Republic too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen thats all I can say! Jeans suck and shopping sucks! I have not bought new clothes sense I lived in the condo! I can't find anything that looks decent on me

    ReplyDelete