Monday, May 3, 2010

This and That

On Saturday I was able to go and hear Sheri Dew speak to our stake. It was pretty cool. It was an interesting experience that's for sure. It made me miss going to Relief Society. Funny how much I wanted to go and now that I am totally loving my calling, I don't care as much. BUT I do miss the spiritual enrichment that only Relief Society can provide.

One of the things I got out of Sheri Dew's talk was the same thing I get out of everything. To be a better person and a better disciple of Christ. To view this life with bigger glasses and look towards the eternal view, rather than just tomorrow. She even mentioned how technology is so bad because it takes us away from getting closer to Father in Heaven, and how I agree with that! See, instead of reading my scriptures, I am blogging! haha. I need to come up with a saying about an eternal perspective and put it up in my house. Anyone have any suggestions???

I haven't worked out in over a week! I have been so busy with my dad being here, and then I am working for my sister in law getting her website's blog started and starting to advertise on craft blogs. Emails take forever!!! It will be nice once it's all set up and I can focus on just the blog. I am sewing/crafting, using products from theribbonretreat.com and then posting about my experience as a novice extraordinaire. <-- I had to spell check that word. I think as we get older we forget how to sound things out. :)

I have done two posts over there so you can check them out! ribbonfairy.com. We haven't got the look of it completely set up yet, but once it is set up and I have a few more posts on there, we'll go live. I need to be posting a ton lately, and I just don't have time. It sucks. Maybe, I will magically get some time. :) I have a super long list of stuff I want to do, so it will be fun.

Anyways, back to the working out. I am at about 131/132 pounds right now. I'm happy about it, but my energy level is WAY down. I know it's because I haven't been working out. So for energy sake, I am going to work out again tomorrow and do it everyday. If I need to, I can work extra at night. Who needs sleep? (okay I do, but what's a girl to do?) I am going to be shopping in the next week or so for a new wardrobe for my birthday. I am not spending anything on decorations, and just on myself. Yay! I really need and deserve this I think. Wish me luck on being a size 6! :)

So that's a little update on where I am at right now. All three, physically, spiritually, and mentally (crafts). How are your goals coming along?

1 comment:

  1. Lol I Bens family came into town so I have been so crazy busy too, I understand! I want to get my blog and everything updated so bad, we did cambrees birthday and stuff and it was so much fun and I have so many pictures from it!

    ReplyDelete