Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Decorating

I've been working on the "MIND" aspect of my fitness lately. After moving into a new home and dealing with Christmas, my mind is pooped! But I still have so much to do, so I keep on trucking.

I am going to be writing a post about my New Years resolutions that include all aspects in my blog description. I am pretty excited about it. I've been thinking about it over the past week, I'm getting excited for 2010!

For now, I just wanted to post some pictures that I like and will be taking from to decorate our house. I am not going to copy any ONE picture, but there are things I like about each one.


I LOVE the simple elegance of this room. I like the bright colors contrasting with the dark brown/black. I light the light walls, use of a rug, and the mirror.


I am not into coastal decorating, but I love the color of this room. It's like a light tan with a hint of green. I love the wood tones and want to bring the same colors into our living room.


I love the color combination here. Again the light colors with dark accents of wood. I love the frames.


I like the idea of fun furniture. I would like to do two small chairs with some awesome fabric.

Again I love the colors here. The light walls and fun colors.

I love this room as well. My favorite part is the curtains. I want to have some awesome colors in my curtains that reflect the style in the room, not just complement it.

picture found here

This is so cool! The headboard is wallpapered! I am so doing this in our bedroom. I am also going to do this as a frame in our living room. I am going to make it huge and then place one or more frames inside it. It's such a cool design idea, I'm excited to try it.

I decided that I am going to have a budget of $100 for decorating a month. (This excludes big pieces like an entertainment center and a TV, I have to say this or Jared will make me stick to it! :) I think that this will help me from overspending in one month and work harder to find good deals. I'm so excited!!

The first thing I want to do is paint. I decided that I am going to do a light tan that you can see in most of these pictures. I can't decide if I want an accent wall or not. After painting, I will focus on the entryway. It is so long, and it needs to be inviting first. So I am going to put a shoeshelf/case thing in there, decorate above it, and then put pictures of us before marriage, our engagement, wedding, over the years, baby... and then I am pretty sure Ryan will take over the rest. There will be lots of places left for other little ones that enter our lives. I am thinking about doing empty frames (with something cool in it showing that it's supposed to be there) along the rest of the wall. I'd like to also put in a LONG hallway rug and finish the 1/2 bathroom. I think just the hallway is going to take up 2 months budget, unless I am super awesome and get good deals!

Anyway I am excited for this journey and I hope you're excited to enjoy it with me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment